At Concept 10 10 we often get asked about strength training for women. Will it be too strenuous and will I end up looking like a body builder?
Women have the same musculoskeletal system as men so it is safe for women to strength train. You will not ‘bulk up’ with health-oriented strength training. Bulking up is very much a hormonal balance in the body and as woman we have estrogen which allows for us to be lean and toned. As muscle strength grows, your muscles will attain more mass. However, health-oriented strength training aims to increase muscle strength, tone, mass and endurance as opposed to strength, mass and power. Concept 10 10 training has significant health benefits for women of all ages:
- Aids in the management of chronic conditions – arthritis, diabetes, obesity, back pain
- Increases BMR (basal metabolic rate)
- Give us more emery because of stronger muscles
- Increases the strength in total body workout. The more you have developed your muscles it will aid you in doing daily activities which will reduce the risk of injury.
- Improves your ability to carry out daily work, home and recreational activities with lots of ease and having the feeling of being fit.
- Helps prevent Osteoporosis which helps with bone loss to the female body.
- Toning of muscles in the body which gives us a toned look.
- Improves our postures as a direct cause of muscles training
- Enhances a feeling of physical and emotional and mental wellbeing
Call us to find out how this works?
or have a look at our website for more info.